“Play with Panache!” is the byword for these five musicians whose first EP reveals a fresh funk-rock sound: frenetic solos, electronic beds and catchy melodies. With their varied musical backgrounds (classical, jazz, rock and heavy metal), this group – that’s the most Dijon-like in Paris – formed at Cité university in 2016, displaying a range of influences from L’Impératrice to Parcels, Inüit and even Feu! Chatterton. There’s an almost obsessive desire to perform live - and a love of groove. On stage, Panache! shares their blazing passion for performing that shines through from head to toe.
Their first record is a musical exploration, reflecting the emerging experimentation of this young group. Momentum – the instrumental introduction – grabs the attention with a bewitching sampled sound that’s overlayed with Mac Miller hip-hop bass and Pink Floyd-like riffs. The EP then dives into a more energetic and colourful mood, combining an Océan-style disco-funk sound with an electro-pop vibe akin to The Witch and Magnetic. By the time you get to Candélabres, the EP ends on a poetic note that perpetuates the balance between the two languages sung by their Franco-American singer.
Off the Pistes
Year of edition :
- Friday 13 March à 10.30 pm. Champéry, At'Home
- Thursday 19 March à 8.00-0.00 pm. Morgins, La Pive
From 13 to 19 March 2022, the unusual pop-rock festival is back to shake up the powder of the Portes du Soleil!
In 2022 Rock The Pistes celebrates its tenth edition and intends to celebrate this anniversary with dignity!
- Avalanche of sound on Switzerland to launch the festival with TRUST on 13 March 2022 in Champéry - Les Crosets.
- Another legend of the French scene, Gaëtan Roussel, will be back on stage in Châtel on 14 March 2022, after a cancellation due to a snowstorm in 2019.
- The 47TER trio will land in Montriond - Les Lindarets on the Avoriaz ski area (France) on Wednesday 16 March 2022
- They arrive more determined than ever after the cancellation of 2020, heading for the heights of Morzine - Les Gets (France) with IAM on Friday 18 March 2022
- The festival will close in Morgins (Switzerland) on Saturday 19 March 2022 with a fiery set by Kungs & his Club Azur cohorts (Upsilone, Victor Flash)
Do you have your Pass-Ski-Concert? You've got your skis and your band of friends?
Then let's go for a real riff & gliss experience: we'll take care of the decor, and the background music!
BUY YOUR PASS HERE